Costume Designer, Designer, Fashion Designer, Product Developer
- Direct and coordinate workers involved in drawing and cutting patterns and constructing samples or finished garments.
- Examine sample garments on and off models, modifying designs to achieve desired effects.
- Sketch rough and detailed drawings of apparel or accessories, and write specifications such as color schemes, construction, material types, and accessory requirements.
Engineering and Technology
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- understanding people's reactions
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- create new and original ideas
- come up with lots of ideas
- pay attention to something without being distracted
People interested in this work like activities that include creating, designing, and making your own rules.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Computer aided design CAD software
- Autodesk Revit
- Trimble SketchUp Pro
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Graphics or photo imaging software
- Adobe Creative Cloud software
- Adobe Illustrator
Get started on your career: