Producers & Directors
Artistic Director, Director, News Producer, Producer
Select a military branch to see samples.
Premier Band - The USAF Band; Public Affairs Manager; Regional Band Apprentice, Flute; Regional Band Apprentice, Trombone; Regional Band Craftsman, Clarinet; Regional Band Craftsman, Steel Guitar; Regional Band Helper, Bassoon; Regional Band Helper, Piano; Regional Band Journeyman, Audio Engineer; Regional Band Journeyman, Percussion
Chief Public Affairs NCO; Public Affairs Mass Communication Specialist; Visual Information Operations Chief
Public Affairs Specialist; Public Information Specialty
Advanced Visual Information-Motion Media Marine; Combat Videographer; Communication Strategy and Operations Chief
Communication Director; Content Developer; Creative Director; Intermediate Public Affairs Specialist; LDO - Photography; Master Photojournalist; Motion Picture and Television Project Officer; Multimedia Director/Producer; Public Affairs Supervisor; Radio-Television Program OfficerNo similar titles were found.
What they do:Produce or direct stage, television, radio, video, or film productions for entertainment, information, or instruction. Responsible for creative decisions, such as interpretation of script, choice of actors or guests, set design, sound, special effects, and choreography.
On the job, you would:
- Plan details such as framing, composition, camera movement, sound, and actor movement for each shot or scene.
- Communicate to actors the approach, characterization, and movement needed for each scene in such a way that rehearsals and takes are minimized.
- Direct live broadcasts, films and recordings, or non-broadcast programming for public entertainment or education.
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
People and Technology Systems
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- use rules to solve problems
- notice when problems happen
- see hidden patterns
- quickly know what you are looking at
- do two or more things at the same time
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Video creation and editing software
- Adobe Systems Adobe After Effects
Web page creation and editing software
Music or sound editing software
- Adobe Systems Adobe Audition
- Magix Vegas Pro
Education: (rated 4 of 5)
bachelor's degree or
high school diploma/GED
high school diploma/GED
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Art Directors
- Film & Video Editors
- Media Programming Directors
- Media Technical Directors/Managers
- Talent Directors
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about producers and directors.