Musicians & Singers
Choir Member, Musician, Singer, Violinist
Select a military branch to see samples.
Premier Band - The USAF Academy Band; Premier Band - The USAF Band Superintendent; Regional Band Apprentice, Guitar; Regional Band Apprentice, Trumpet; Regional Band Craftsman, Euphonium; Regional Band Craftsman, String/Electric Bass; Regional Band Helper, Clarinet; Regional Band Helper, Saxophone; Regional Band Journeyman, Bagpipe; Regional Band Journeyman, Piano
Army Music; Bandmaster; Musician; Special Band Musician
Bandmaster; Drum Major; Instrument Repair Technician; Musician; Musician, Clarinet; Musician, Euphonium; Musician, Horn; Musician, Percussion (Drums, Timpani, Mallets); Musician, Trombone; Musician, Tuba/Sousaphone
Arranger; Ceremonial Conductor-Drum Major; Conversion NEC MU Musician Basic; Enlisted Band Leader; Flute/Piccolo Instrumentalist; Guitar Instrumentalist; Musician; Percussion Instrumentalist; Trombone Instrumentalist; Tuba Instrumentalist
Premier Band - The USAF Academy Band; Regional Band Apprentice, Arranger; Regional Band Apprentice, Oboe; Regional Band Apprentice, Vocalist; Regional Band Craftsman, Guitar; Regional Band Craftsman, Trombone; Regional Band Helper, Euphonium; Regional Band Helper, Saxophone; Regional Band Journeyman, Bagpipe; Regional Band Journeyman, Percussion
What they do:Play one or more musical instruments or sing. May perform on stage, for broadcasting, or for sound or video recording.
On the job, you would:
- Perform before live audiences in concerts, recitals, educational presentations, and other social gatherings.
- Sing a cappella or with musical accompaniment.
- Interpret or modify music, applying knowledge of harmony, melody, rhythm, and voice production to individualize presentations and maintain audience interest.
Arts and Humanities
- music, dance, visual arts, drama, or sculpture
- English language
- talking to others
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- understanding people's reactions
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
- remember words, numbers, pictures, or steps
Hearing and Speech
- tell the difference between sounds
- pay attention to one sound while there are other distracting sounds
- quickly know what you are looking at
People interested in this work like activities that include creating, designing, and making your own rules.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Web page creation and editing software
- Blogging software
Video creation and editing software
Music or sound editing software
- Avid Technology Pro Tools
- iZotope Ozone
Education: (rated 4 of 5)
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Art, Drama, & Music Teachers, Postsecondary
- Music Directors & Composers
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about musicians and singers.