Also called: Board Operator, Broadcast Engineer, Broadcast Technician, Control Operator
In the Air Force: Air Traffic Control; Airborne Cryptologic Language Analyst Journeyman, Pashto; Airborne Mission Systems Specialist Journeyman, E-4; Command and Control Battle Management Operations Journeyman; Cryptologic Language Analyst Helper, Persian; Flight Engineer Apprentice; Flight Engineer Journeyman, E-8; Reconnaissance/Surveillance/Electronic Warfare Combat Systems Officer, EWO, General; Signals Intelligence Helper, Electronic Non-Communications Analyst; Special Operations Combat Systems Officer, AC-130H EWO; Trainer Combat Systems Officer, SUNT, WSO
In the Army: AVENGER Crewmember (USAR/NG only); Air and Missile Defense (AMD) Crewmember; Cannon Crewmember; Field Artillery (FA) Weapons Locating Radar (WLR) Specialist; Infantry Senior Sergeant; M1 Armor Crewman; Public Affairs Mass Communication Specialist; Signal Operations Support Specialist; Signals Intelligence Analyst; Special Forces Weapons Sergeant
In the Coast Guard: Electronics Technician; Information System Technician; Intelligence Specialist; Operations Specialist; Public Affairs Specialist
In the Marine Corps: AN/TRC-170 Technician; Aircraft Communications/Navigation/Radar System Technician, EA-6; Combat Videographer; Electronic Intelligence/Electronic Warfare Analyst; Ground Electronics Systems Maintenance Technician; Infantry Squad Leader; Light Armored Reconnaissance (LAR) Operations Chief; Naval Flight Officer (NFO), Qualified EA-6B Electronic Warfare Officer; Signals Intelligence/Electronic Warfare/Cyberspace Operations Chief; Tiltrotor Crew Chief, MV-22
In the Navy: AEGIS Ashore Communications Technician; Advanced Radar Traffic Controller; C-130 Flight Engineer; Communications Technician; Electronic Warfare Technician (Advanced Application); Global War on Terrorism (GWOT) Individual Augmentee/In Lieu Of (IA/ILO) Navy Individual Augmentee Combat Training (NIACT)-Not Deployed; Joint Tactical Ground Station (JTAGS)/Multi-Mission Mobile Processor (M3P) System Operator/Maintainer; Multimedia Director/Producer; P-3C UPDATE III SUW Improvement Program (AIP) In-Flight Technician; Special Project Airborne Electronics Evaluator
- Report equipment problems, ensure that repairs are made, and make emergency repairs to equipment when necessary and possible.
- Monitor and log transmitter readings.
- Maintain programming logs as required by station management and the Federal Communications Commission.
- computers and electronics
- product and service development
- English language
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- listen and understand what people say
- read and understand what is written
- notice when problems happen
- order or arrange things
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
- Attention to Detail
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job: