Dosimetrist, Radiation Therapist, Registered Radiation Therapist, Staff Radiation Therapist
see titles from the Air Force or Navy.
Diagnostic Imaging; Diagnostic Imaging Apprentice; Diagnostic Imaging Apprentice, Magnetic Resonance Imaging; Diagnostic Imaging Craftsman; Diagnostic Imaging Craftsman, Diagnostic Medical Sonography; Diagnostic Imaging Craftsman, Nuclear Medicine; Diagnostic Imaging Helper, Diagnostic Medical Sonography; Diagnostic Imaging Helper, Magnetic Resonance Imaging; Diagnostic Imaging Journeyman; Diagnostic Imaging Journeyman, Magnetic Resonance Imaging; Diagnostic Imaging Journeyman, Nuclear Medicine
Hospital Corpsman; Radiation Specialist
What they do:
Provide radiation therapy to patients as prescribed by a radiologist according to established practices and standards. Duties may include reviewing prescription and diagnosis; acting as liaison with physician and supportive care personnel; preparing equipment, such as immobilization, treatment, and protection devices; and maintaining records, reports, and files. May assist in dosimetry procedures and tumor localization.
On the job, you would:
- Position patients for treatment with accuracy, according to prescription.
- Administer prescribed doses of radiation to specific body parts, using radiation therapy equipment according to established practices and standards.
- Follow principles of radiation protection for patient, self, and others.
- customer service
- administrative services
Arts and Humanities
- medicine and dentistry
- therapy and counseling
Math and Science
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- understanding people's reactions
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- order or arrange things
Hand and Finger Use
- keep your arm or hand steady
- hold or move items with your hands
- pay attention to something without being distracted
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Concern for Others
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
- Electronic medical record EMR software
- Radiation dose calculation software
Graphics or photo imaging software
- Image processing software