Radiologic Technologists & Technicians
Computed Tomography Technologist (CT Tech), Radiographer, Radiologic Technologist (RT), X-Ray Technologist (X-Ray Tech)
Select a military branch to see samples.
Aerospace Medical Service; Aerospace Medical Service Craftsman, Allergy/Immunization Technician; Aerospace Medical Service Helper, Independent Duty Medical Technician; Aerospace Medical Service Superintendent; Diagnostic Imaging; Diagnostic Imaging Craftsman, Magnetic Resonance Imaging; Diagnostic Imaging Journeyman, Diagnostic Medical Sonography; Diagnostic Radiologist, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI); Health Services Management; Health Services Management Superintendent
Diagnostic Radiologist; Radiation Oncologist; Radiology Specialist
Health Services Technician; Medical Administration SpecialtyNo similar titles were found.
Advanced X-ray Technician; Hospital Corpsman; Mammography Technologist; Radiological Control Officer; Radiologist (Diagnostic); Radiologist (Therapeutic); Ultrasound Technologist; Urology Technician
Diagnostic Imaging; Diagnostic Imaging Apprentice; Diagnostic Imaging Apprentice, Nuclear Medicine; Diagnostic Imaging Craftsman; Diagnostic Imaging Craftsman, Nuclear Medicine; Diagnostic Imaging Helper; Diagnostic Imaging Helper, Nuclear Medicine; Diagnostic Imaging Journeyman; Diagnostic Imaging Journeyman, Nuclear Medicine; Diagnostic Imaging Manager
What they do:Take x-rays and CAT scans or administer nonradioactive materials into patient's bloodstream for diagnostic or research purposes. Includes radiologic technologists and technicians who specialize in other scanning modalities.
On the job, you would:
- Position imaging equipment and adjust controls to set exposure time and distance, according to specification of examination.
- Position patient on examining table and set up and adjust equipment to obtain optimum view of specific body area as requested by physician.
- Monitor patients' conditions and reactions, reporting abnormal signs to physician.
- medicine and dentistry
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- customer service
- administrative services
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- reading work related information
- understanding people's reactions
- looking for ways to help people
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- order or arrange things
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Concern for Others
- Self Control
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- MEDITECH software
- Virtual reality computed tomography CT imaging software
Education: (rated 3 of 5)
associate's degree or
certificate after high school
certificate after high school
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Cardiovascular Technologists & Technicians
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographers
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologists
- Neurodiagnostic Technologists
- Radiation Therapists
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about radiologic technologists and technicians.