Cardiovascular Technologists & Technicians
Cardio Tech (Cardiovascular Technician), Cardiology Technician, Cardiovascular Technologist (CVT), Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS)
Select a military branch to see samples.
Dental Assistant; Dental Assistant Helper; Diagnostic Imaging Apprentice; Diagnostic Imaging Craftsman; Diagnostic Imaging Helper; Diagnostic Imaging Journeyman; Diagnostic Imaging Manager; Health Services Management Craftsman; Health Services Management Journeyman, Health Information Technology; Respiratory Care Practitioner Craftsman
Health Services Technician; Medical Administration SpecialtyNo similar titles were found.
Cardiovascular Technician; Hospital Corpsman
Respiratory Care Practitioner; Respiratory Care Practitioner Apprentice; Respiratory Care Practitioner Craftsman; Respiratory Care Practitioner Helper; Respiratory Care Practitioner Journeyman; Respiratory Care Practitioner Manager; Respiratory Care Practitioner Superintendent
What they do:Conduct tests on pulmonary or cardiovascular systems of patients for diagnostic, therapeutic, or research purposes. May conduct or assist in electrocardiograms, cardiac catheterizations, pulmonary functions, lung capacity, and similar tests.
On the job, you would:
- Conduct electrocardiogram (EKG), phonocardiogram, echocardiogram, stress testing, or other cardiovascular tests to record patients' cardiac activity, using specialized electronic test equipment, recording devices, or laboratory instruments.
- Explain testing procedures to patients to obtain cooperation and reduce anxiety.
- Monitor patients' blood pressure and heart rate using electrocardiogram (EKG) equipment during diagnostic or therapeutic procedures to notify the physician if something appears wrong.
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- medicine and dentistry
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- understanding people's reactions
- looking for ways to help people
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- quickly compare groups of letters, numbers, pictures, or other things
- see hidden patterns
Hand and Finger Use
- keep your arm or hand steady
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Concern for Others
- Attention to Detail
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Web platform development software
- Hypertext preprocessor PHP
- MEDITECH software
- Smart Digital Holter Monitor
Data base user interface and query software
- Database software
- Structured data entry software
Education: (rated 3 of 5)
associate's degree or
certificate after high school
certificate after high school
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographers
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologists
- Neurodiagnostic Technologists
- Radiation Therapists
- Radiologic Technologists & Technicians
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about cardiovascular technologists and technicians.