Clinical Nurse Specialists
Clinical Nurse Specialist, Critical Care Clinical Nurse Specialist, Emergency Clinical Nurse Specialist, ICU Clinical Nurse Specialist (Intensive Care Unit Clinical Nurse Specialist)
Select a military branch to see samples.
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN); Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN), Pediatric Nurse Practitioner; Aerospace Medical Service Apprentice, Neurodiagnostic Medical Technician; Aerospace Medical Service Helper, Allergy/Immunization Technician; Aerospace Medical Service Journeyman, Independent Duty Medical Technician; Clinical Nurse, Post Anesthesia Care Unit; Dental Assistant Journeyman; Health Services Administrator; Health Services Management Journeyman; Physician Assistant
Army Public Health Nurse; Certified Nurse Midwife; Emergency Nursing; Family Nurse Practitioner; Medical Specialist Corps Officer; Medical Surgical Nurse; Nurse Corps Officer; Perioperative Nurse; Physician Assistant; Psychiatric/Behavioral Health Nurse
Health Services Technician; Medical Administration Specialty; Physician AssistantNo similar titles were found.
Clinical Specialist, Nursing; Critical Care Nurse; Emergency/Trauma Nurse; Nurse Anesthetist; Perioperative Nurse; Physician's Assistant; Primary Care Nurse Practitioner; Professional Registered Nurse; SC - Nurse Corps - General
Clinical Nurse; Clinical Nurse, Obstetrical; Clinical Nurse, Post Anesthesia Care Unit; Clinical Nurse, Staff Development
What they do:Direct nursing staff in the provision of patient care in a clinical practice setting, such as a hospital, hospice, clinic, or home. Ensure adherence to established clinical policies, protocols, regulations, and standards.
On the job, you would:
- Evaluate the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice or organizational systems.
- Collaborate with other health care professionals and service providers to ensure optimal patient care.
- Develop and maintain departmental policies, procedures, objectives, or patient care standards, based on evidence-based practice guidelines or expert opinion.
- medicine and dentistry
- therapy and counseling
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Math and Science
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- looking for ways to help people
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- use rules to solve problems
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- do two or more things at the same time
- pay attention to something without being distracted
- remember words, numbers, pictures, or steps
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
- eClinicalWorks EHR software
- GE Healthcare Centricity EMR
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Excel
Education: (rated 5 of 5)
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Acute Care Nurses
- Advanced Practice Psychiatric Nurses
- Critical Care Nurses
- Nurse Practitioners
- Registered Nurses
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about clinical nurse specialists.