Medical & Clinical Laboratory Technicians
Laboratory Assistant (Lab Assistant), Laboratory Technician (Lab Tech), Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT), Medical Laboratory Technicians (Medical Lab Technician)
Select a military branch to see samples.
Aerospace and Operational Physiologist; Biomedical Laboratory, Environmental and Industrial Hygiene Chemistry; Dental Assistant Apprentice; Dental Assistant Journeyman, Dental Hygienist; Health Services Management Journeyman; Histopathology Craftsman; Medical Laboratory Craftsman; Pathologist, Cytology; Pathologist, Neuropathology; Respiratory Care Practitioner Apprentice
Allied Sciences; Biochemistry; Clinical Laboratory; Medical Laboratory Specialist; Medical Service Corps Officer; Microbiology; Nuclear Medical Science; Pathologist; Practical Nursing Specialist; Respiratory Specialist
Health Services Technician; Medical Administration SpecialtyNo similar titles were found.
Aerospace Medical Technician; Cardiovascular Technician; Electroneurodiagnostic Technologist; Hemodialysis/Apheresis Technician; Hospital Corpsman; Medical Laboratory Technician; Pathologist; Preventive Medicine Technician; Respiratory Therapist; Submarine Force Independent Duty CorpsmanNo similar titles were found.
What they do:Perform routine medical laboratory tests for the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease. May work under the supervision of a medical technologist.
On the job, you would:
- Conduct chemical analyses of body fluids, such as blood or urine, using microscope or automatic analyzer to detect abnormalities or diseases and enter findings into computer.
- Analyze the results of tests or experiments to ensure conformity to specifications, using special mechanical or electrical devices.
- Set up, maintain, calibrate, clean, and test sterility of medical laboratory equipment.
Math and Science
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- customer service
- administrative services
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Hand and Finger Use
- put together small parts with your fingers
- hold or move items with your hands
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- order or arrange things
- pay attention to something without being distracted
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
Electronic mail software
- Email software
- Microsoft Outlook
Word processing software
- Google Docs
- Microsoft Word
- MEDITECH software
- Test routing software
Education: (rated 3 of 5)
bachelor's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Cardiovascular Technologists & Technicians
- Cytogenetic Technologists
- Histology Technicians
- Medical & Clinical Laboratory Technologists
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about medical and clinical laboratory technicians.