Cooks, Private Household
Certified Personal Chef (CPC), Personal Chef, Private Chef
What they do:
Prepare meals in private homes. Includes personal chefs.
On the job, you would:
- Plan menus according to employers' needs and diet restrictions.
- Stock, organize, and clean kitchens and cooking utensils.
- Cool, package, label, and freeze foods for later consumption and provide instructions for reheating.
- customer service
- sales and marketing
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
Arts and Humanities
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- figuring out how to use new ideas or things
- managing equipment and materials
- managing your time and the time of other people
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- order or arrange things
- listen and understand what people say
- read and understand what is written
People interested in this work like activities that include creating, designing, and making your own rules.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Concern for Others
You might use software like this on the job:
- Cost tracking software
- Intuit QuickBooks
Data base user interface and query software
- APPCA Personal Chef Office
- Cooking e-books
Electronic mail software
certificate after high school or
high school diploma/GED
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.
per year, on average
You might like a career in one of these industries: