Food Preparation Workers
Deli Clerk (Delicatessen Clerk), Diet Aide, Dietary Aide, Food Service Worker
- Clean and sanitize work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, or silverware.
- Store food in designated containers and storage areas to prevent spoilage.
- Portion and wrap food, or place it directly on plates for service to patrons.
- customer service
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- looking for ways to help people
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
- communicate by speaking
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Self Control
- Social Orientation
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
- Microsoft Excel
Computer based training software
Data base user interface and query software
- MicroBlast Recipe Wizard for Windows
- ValuSoft MasterCook
no high school diploma/GED
Get started on your career: