Locker Room, Coatroom, & Dressing Room Attendants
Also called: Athletic Equipment Manager, Ladies Locker Room Attendant, Locker Room Attendant, Spa Attendant
In the Air Force: Flight Attendant; Flight Attendant Apprentice; Flight Attendant Apprentice, C-32/C-40; Flight Attendant Apprentice, E-4; Flight Attendant Craftsman, C-20/C-37; Flight Attendant Craftsman, C-32/C-40; Flight Attendant Helper; Flight Attendant Journeyman; Flight Attendant Journeyman, C-32/C-40; Flight Attendant Journeyman, E-4
Produced by CareerOneStop
Video transcript: skip transcript
Whether for workouts, clothes shopping, or attending special events, clothes need a home away from home. To maintain order and security, locker room, coatroom and dressing room attendants are on the job. Locker room attendants work in athletic facilities. They assign lockers, rent footwear or other gear, answer members' questions, and explain how to use equipment. They may clean and restock supplies for the locker room. Coatroom attendants check coats and other items for customers of dining and theater establishments. Organizational skills, patience and positive customer service are important in this work. Tips provide much of the attendant’s income, and the work may be seasonal. Dressing room attendants assist shoppers in clothing stores. They assign and escort customers to dressing rooms, keep track of merchandise, and must be friendly and courteous as well as observant to prevent shoplifting or damage to clothing. While training is provided on the job, a high school diploma is a plus for these positions. These attendants are on duty whenever their workplaces are open, frequently on weekends, evenings and holidays, so you might want to consider this field if you need flexible, part time work.
What they do:Provide personal items to patrons or customers in locker rooms, dressing rooms, or coatrooms.
On the job, you would:
- Provide towels and sheets to clients in public baths, steam rooms, and restrooms.
- Assign dressing room facilities, locker space, or clothing containers to patrons of athletic or bathing establishments.
- Check supplies to ensure adequate availability, and order new supplies when necessary.
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- talking to others
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- looking for ways to help people
- understanding people's reactions
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Self Control
- Attention to Detail
- Social Orientation
You might use software like this on the job:
Inventory management software
- Inventory tracking software
- SportSoft Equipment Manager
Office suite software
- Baggage Porters & Bellhops
- Food Servers, Nonrestaurant
- Hotel, Motel, & Resort Desk Clerks
- Passenger Attendants
You might like a career in one of these industries: