Bank Teller, Financial Services Representative (FSR), Member Services Representative, Teller
Select a military branch to see samples.
Financial Management and Comptroller; Financial Management and Comptroller Apprentice; Financial Management and Comptroller Craftsman; Financial Management and Comptroller Helper; Financial Management and Comptroller Journeyman; Financial Management and Comptroller Superintendent
Unit Supply SpecialistNo similar titles were found. No similar titles were found.
Personnel Specialist; Retail Services SpecialistNo similar titles were found.
What they do:Receive and pay out money. Keep records of money and negotiable instruments involved in a financial institution's various transactions.
On the job, you would:
- Balance currency, coin, and checks in cash drawers at ends of shifts and calculate daily transactions, using computers, calculators, or adding machines.
- Receive checks and cash for deposit, verify amounts, and check accuracy of deposit slips.
- Monitor bank vaults to ensure cash balances are correct.
- customer service
- accounting and economics
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- pay attention to something without being distracted
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Electronic mail software
- Email software
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Sage 50 Accounting
- Southern Data Systems TellerPro
Education: (rated 2 of 5)
high school diploma/GED
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Bookkeeping, Accounting, & Auditing Clerks
- Brokerage Clerks
- Credit Authorizers, Checkers, & Clerks
- New Accounts Clerks
- Securities, Commodities, & Financial Services Sales Agents
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about tellers.