Executive Secretaries & Executive Administrative Assistants
Administrative Assistant, Administrative Secretary, Executive Assistant, Executive Secretary
Select a military branch to see samples.
Administration; Aircrew Flight Equipment; Aviation Resource Management Craftsman; Cyber Defense Operations Apprentice, Client Systems Operations; Cyber Defense Operations Craftsman, Client Systems Operations; Cyber Defense Operations Helper; Cyber Defense Operations Journeyman; Cyber Defense Operations Journeyman, Systems Operations; Equal Opportunity Superintendent; Knowledge Management Helper
Human Resources Specialist; Human Resources Technician; Intelligence Analyst; Legal Administrator; Religious Affairs Specialist; Unit Supply Specialist
Personnel Administration Specialty; Yeoman
Administrative Specialist; Ground Command and Control (C2) Operations NCO; Ground Operations Specialist; Legal Administrative Officer; Marine Aide
Administrative Assistant; Administrative Officer; Aide; Flag Lieutenant; Office Manager; Personnel Specialist; Personnel Supervisor; Ship's Secretary; Submarine Administrative Manager; Yeoman
What they do:Provide high-level administrative support by conducting research, preparing statistical reports, and handling information requests, as well as performing routine administrative functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings. May also train and supervise lower-level clerical staff.
On the job, you would:
- Manage and maintain executives' schedules.
- Make travel arrangements for executives.
- Prepare invoices, reports, memos, letters, financial statements, and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software.
- administrative services
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- reading work related information
- looking for ways to help people
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- communicate by speaking
- communicate by writing
Ideas and Logic
- order or arrange things
- notice when problems happen
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Concern for Others
You might use software like this on the job:
Enterprise resource planning ERP software
- Microsoft Dynamics
- SAP software
Web page creation and editing software
- Google Sites
Graphics or photo imaging software
- Adobe Systems Adobe Illustrator
Education: (rated 3 of 5)
associate's degree or
high school diploma/GED
high school diploma/GED
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Administrative Services Managers
- First-Line Supervisors of Office & Administrative Support Workers
- Legal Secretaries & Administrative Assistants
- Office Clerks, General
- Secretaries & Administrative Assistants
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about executive secretaries and executive administrative assistants.