Word Processors & Typists
Clerk Typist, Keyboard Specialist, Typist, Word Processor
Select a military branch to see samples.
Administration; Administration Craftsman; Administration Superintendent; Health Services Management Apprentice; Health Services Management Helper; Health Services Management Superintendent; Knowledge Management; Knowledge Management Helper; Personnel; Personnel Helper
Human Resources Specialist; Human Resources Technician; Religious Affairs Specialist
Personnel Administration Specialty; Yeoman
Administrative Specialist; Aviation Maintenance Data Specialist; Information Operations Specialist; Legal Services Court Reporter
Administrative Assistant; Administrative Supervisor; Flag Officer Writer; Office Manager; Quartermaster; Religious Program Specialist; Submarine Administrative Assistant; Submarine Administrative Manager; Submarine Administrative Office Supervisor; YeomanNo similar titles were found.
What they do:Use word processor, computer, or typewriter to type letters, reports, forms, or other material from rough draft, corrected copy, or voice recording. May perform other clerical duties as assigned.
On the job, you would:
- Perform other clerical duties, such as answering telephone, sorting and distributing mail, running errands or sending faxes.
- Check completed work for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and format.
- File and store completed documents on computer hard drive or disk, or maintain a computer filing system to store, retrieve, update, and delete documents.
- administrative services
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- reading work related information
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- looking for ways to help people
- read and understand what is written
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- order or arrange things
- group things in different ways
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Office suite software
- Corel WordPerfect Office Suite
- Microsoft Office software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Customer relationship management CRM software
- Blackbaud CRM
Education: (rated 2 of 5)
high school diploma/GED or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Court Reporters & Simultaneous Captioners
- Data Entry Keyers
- File Clerks
- Medical Transcriptionists
- Office Clerks, General
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about word processors and typists.