Also called: Compositor, Computer Typesetter, Electronic Console Display Operator, Publisher
In the Air Force: Cyber Defense Operations; Cyber Defense Operations Apprentice, Networks Operations; Cyber Defense Operations Craftsman; Cyber Defense Operations Craftsman, RF Operations; Cyber Defense Operations Helper, Client Systems Operations; Cyber Defense Operations Helper, Software Development Operations; Cyber Defense Operations Journeyman, Knowledge Operations; Cyber Defense Operations Journeyman, Systems Operations; Knowledge Management Craftsman; Public Affairs Craftsman
In the Army: Chief Public Affairs NCO; Public Affairs Mass Communication Specialist; Visual Information Operations Chief
In the Coast Guard: Public Affairs Specialist
In the Marine Corps: Advanced Visual Information-Graphics Marine; Combat Graphics Specialist
In the Navy: Graphic Illustrator Journeyman; Motion Picture and Television Project Officer; Printing and Publications Officer; Weapons Technical Information Officer
- Operate desktop publishing software and equipment to design, lay out, and produce camera-ready copy.
- Position text and art elements from a variety of databases in a visually appealing way to design print or web pages, using knowledge of type styles and size and layout patterns.
- Check preliminary and final proofs for errors and make necessary corrections.
- computers and electronics
- English language
- reading work related information
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- order or arrange things
- create new and original ideas
- read and understand what is written
- communicate by writing
- Attention to Detail
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job: