Proofreaders & Copy Markers
Copy Editor, News Copy Editor, Proofreader, Typesetter
- Mark copy to indicate and correct errors in type, arrangement, grammar, punctuation, or spelling, using standard printers' marks.
- Read corrected copies or proofs to ensure that all corrections have been made.
- Correct or record omissions, errors, or inconsistencies found.
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- reading work related information
- writing things for co-workers or customers
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- read and understand what is written
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Word processing software
- Microsoft Word
Computer based training software
- Adobe Systems Adobe Captivate
Desktop publishing software
- Adobe Systems Adobe InDesign
Get started on your career: