Documentation Specialist, Information Developer, Technical Communicator, Technical Writer
- Organize material and complete writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Maintain records and files of work and revisions.
- Edit, standardize, or make changes to material prepared by other writers or establishment personnel.
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- administrative services
- writing things for co-workers or customers
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- communicate by writing
- read and understand what is written
Ideas and Logic
- use rules to solve problems
- order or arrange things
People interested in this work like activities that include creating, designing, and making your own rules.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Web platform development software
- Microsoft ASP.NET
- Oracle JavaServer Pages JSP
Web page creation and editing software
- Adobe Systems Adobe Dreamweaver
- Google Sites
Graphics or photo imaging software
- Adobe Systems Adobe Creative Cloud software
- Adobe Systems Adobe Illustrator
Get started on your career: