Compositor, Computer Typesetter, Electronic Console Display Operator, Publisher
- Operate desktop publishing software and equipment to design, lay out, and produce camera-ready copy.
- Position text and art elements from a variety of databases in a visually appealing way to design print or web pages, using knowledge of type styles and size and layout patterns.
- Check preliminary and final proofs for errors and make necessary corrections.
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- reading work related information
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
Ideas and Logic
- order or arrange things
- create new and original ideas
- read and understand what is written
- communicate by writing
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Graphics or photo imaging software
- Adobe Creative Cloud software
- Adobe Illustrator
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Desktop publishing software
- Adobe InDesign
- Microsoft Publisher
Get started on your career: