Fishing & Hunting Workers
Commercial Fisherman, Hunter, Trapper, Wildlife Control Operator
- Patrol trap lines or nets to inspect settings, remove catch, and reset or relocate traps.
- Obtain permission from landowners to hunt or trap on their land.
- Travel on foot, by vehicle, or by equipment such as boats, snowmobiles, helicopters, snowshoes, or skis to reach hunting areas.
Safety and Government
- law and government
Engineering and Technology
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- keep your arm or hand steady
- hold or move items with your hands
- use your arms and/or legs together while sitting, standing, or lying down
- quickly change the controls of a machine, car, truck or boat
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Map creation software
- MaxSea TIMEZERO
- Trimble MyTopo Terrain Navigator Pro
Analytical or scientific software
- Winchester Ammunition Ballistics Calculator
Data base user interface and query software
- Catchlog Trading Catchlog
- OLRAC Electronic Logbook Software Solution
Get started on your career: