Also called: Boiler Maker, Boiler Mechanic, Boiler Technician, Boilermaker
In the Army: Cannon Crewmember; Cavalry Scout; Combat Engineer; Unit Supply Specialist; Wheeled Vehicle Repairer
In the Navy: Boiler Repairer Technician; Machinist's Mate
- Attach rigging and signal crane or hoist operators to lift heavy frame and plate sections or other parts into place.
- Study blueprints to determine locations, relationships, or dimensions of parts.
- Repair or replace defective pressure vessel parts, such as safety valves or regulators, using torches, jacks, caulking hammers, power saws, threading dies, welding equipment, or metalworking machinery.
- building and construction
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- manufacture and distribution of products
- customer service
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- keep your arm or hand steady
- put together small parts with your fingers
- quickly change the controls of a machine, car, truck or boat
- use your arms and/or legs together while sitting, standing, or lying down
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
- listen and understand what people say
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
- Health and safety training software