Pipelayer, Tailman, Waste Water Worker
Select a military branch to see samples.
Infrastructure Systems Superintendent; Water and Fuel Systems Maintenance; Water and Fuel Systems Maintenance Apprentice; Water and Fuel Systems Maintenance Craftsman; Water and Fuel Systems Maintenance Craftsman, Fuel Systems Maintenance; Water and Fuel Systems Maintenance Helper; Water and Fuel Systems Maintenance Journeyman; Water and Fuel Systems Maintenance Journeyman, Fuel Systems Maintenance
Construction Engineering Technician; Plumber
Damage Controlman; Marine Safety Specialist Engineer; Material Maintenance Specialty
Water Support Technician
Hull Maintenance Technician; Hull Systems Maintainer; Hull Systems Technician; NAMTS Pipefitter; UtilitiesmanNo similar titles were found.
What they do:Lay pipe for storm or sanitation sewers, drains, and water mains. Perform any combination of the following tasks: grade trenches or culverts, position pipe, or seal joints.
On the job, you would:
- Install or use instruments such as lasers, grade rods, or transit levels.
- Cut pipes to required lengths.
- Connect pipe pieces and seal joints, using welding equipment, cement, or glue.
Engineering and Technology
- building and construction
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
- customer service
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- keep your arm or hand steady
- hold or move items with your hands
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
- quickly change the controls of a machine, car, truck or boat
- use your arms and/or legs together while sitting, standing, or lying down
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
- Microsoft Excel
Office suite software
- Microsoft Office software
Word processing software
Education: (rated 2 of 5)
high school diploma/GED or
no high school diploma/GED
no high school diploma/GED
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Construction Laborers
- Helpers--Pipelayers, Plumbers, Pipefitters, & Steamfitters
- Insulation Workers, Mechanical
- Plumbers, Pipefitters, & Steamfitters
- Septic Tank Servicers & Sewer Pipe Cleaners
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about pipelayers.