Roof Mechanic, Roofer, Roofing Foreman, Roofing Technician
see titles from the Air Force, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, or Navy.
Structural; Structural Apprentice; Structural Craftsman; Structural Helper; Structural Journeyman
Builder; Structural Apprentice; Structural Craftsman; Structural Helper; Structural Journeyman
What they do:
Cover roofs of structures with shingles, slate, asphalt, aluminum, wood, or related materials. May spray roofs, sidings, and walls with material to bind, seal, insulate, or soundproof sections of structures.
On the job, you would:
- Inspect problem roofs to determine the best repair procedures.
- Remove snow, water, or debris from roofs prior to applying roofing materials.
- Set up scaffolding to provide safe access to roofs.
Engineering and Technology
- building and construction
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
- exercise for a long time without getting out of breath
Flexibility, Balance, and Coordination
- keep your balance or stay upright
- bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs
- use your arms and/or legs together while sitting, standing, or lying down
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
- Concern for Others
You might use software like this on the job:
Computer aided design CAD software
- AppliCad Roof Wizard
- DigiTools Roof CAD
Data base user interface and query software
- Insight Direct ServiceCEO
Analytical or scientific software
- Energy cost evaluation software
- Humidity and vapor drive calculation software