Excavating & Loading Machine & Dragline Operators, Surface Mining
Dragline Oiler, Dragline Operator, Heavy Equipment Operator, Loader Operator
- Move levers, depress foot pedals, and turn dials to operate power machinery, such as power shovels, stripping shovels, scraper loaders, or backhoes.
- Set up or inspect equipment prior to operation.
- Become familiar with digging plans, machine capabilities and limitations, and efficient and safe digging procedures in a given application.
Engineering and Technology
- building and construction
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- figuring out how to use new ideas or things
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- quickly change the controls of a machine, car, truck or boat
- use your arms and/or legs together while sitting, standing, or lying down
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
- know where things are around you
- imagine how something will look after it is moved around or changed
- decide which thing is closer or farther away from you or decide how far away it is from you
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Electronic mail software
- Google Gmail
- Microsoft Outlook
no high school diploma/GED
Get started on your career: