Continuous Mining Machine Operators
Continuous Miner Operator (CMO), Continuous Mining Machine Operator, Continuous Mining Operator (CMO), Miner Operator
see titles from the Army.
Cannon Crewmember; Cavalry Scout; Combat Engineer; Wheeled Vehicle Repairer
What they do:
Operate self-propelled mining machines that rip coal, metal and nonmetal ores, rock, stone, or sand from the mine face and load it onto conveyors or into shuttle cars in a continuous operation.
On the job, you would:
- Hang ventilation tubing and ventilation curtains to ensure that the mining face area is kept properly ventilated.
- Conduct methane gas checks to ensure breathing quality of air.
- Check the stability of roof and rib support systems before mining face areas.
Engineering and Technology
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
Safety and Government
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- quickly change the controls of a machine, car, truck or boat
- use your arms and/or legs together while sitting, standing, or lying down
Hand and Finger Use
- keep your arm or hand steady
- hold or move items with your hands
- pay attention to something without being distracted
- do two or more things at the same time
Hearing and Speech
- tell the difference between sounds
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Mobile location based services software
- Fleet monitoring system software
- Hitachi ZXLink
high school diploma/GED
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.
You might like a career in one of these industries: