Loading & Moving Machine Operators, Underground Mining
Load Haul Dump Operator (LHD Operator), Loader Operator, Loading Machine Operator, Shuttle Car Operator
- Handle high voltage sources and hang electrical cables.
- Drive loaded shuttle cars to ramps and move controls to discharge loads into mine cars or onto conveyors.
- Pry off loose material from roofs and move it into the paths of machines, using crowbars.
Engineering and Technology
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- quickly change the controls of a machine, car, truck or boat
- use your arms and/or legs together while sitting, standing, or lying down
- do two or more things at the same time
- pay attention to something without being distracted
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
- Concern for Others
You might use software like this on the job:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Facilities management software
- Maintenance management software
- Mine maintenance software
no high school diploma/GED
Get started on your career: