Electrical & Electronics Installers & Repairers, Transportation Equipment
Critical Systems Technician, Electronic Bench Technician, Locomotive Electrician, Power Technician (Power Tech)
Select a military branch to see samples.
Advanced Fighter Aircraft Integrated Avionics; Avionics Test Station And Components Journeyman, A-10/B-2/C-17/CV-22/F-16/AFSOC Avionics Systems; Bomber/Special Electronic Warfare and Radar Surveillance Integrated Avionics Journeyman, EC-130 Compass Call; Bomber/Special Integrated Instrument and Flight Control Systems Apprentice, E-4, VC-25; Fighter Aircraft Integrated Avionics Journeyman, A-10/U-2 Avionics; Flight Engineer Craftsman, HC-130N/P; Mobility Air Forces Integrated Communication/Navigation/Mission Systems Craftsman, Cargo Comm/Counter/Nav Systems; Mobility Air Forces Integrated Instrument and Flight Control Systems Helper, KC-135; Special Mission Aviator Apprentice; Special Mission Aviator Journeyman, UH-1/MH-139
AH-64 Armament/Electrical/Avionics Systems Repairer; Air Traffic Control Equipment Repairer; Aircraft Electrician; Automotive Maintenance Warrant Officer; Avionic and Survivability Equipment Repairer; Electronic Missile Systems Maintenance Warrant Officer; Field Artillery, General; Radar Repairer; Senior Automotive Maintenance Warrant Officer/Senior Ordnance Logistics Warrant Officer; UH-60 Helicopter Repairer
Aviation Engineering Specialty; Aviation Maintenance Technician; Avionics Electrical Technician; Electrician's Mate; Electronics Technician; Gunner's Mate; Information System Technician; Marine Safety Specialist Engineer; Naval Engineering Specialty
Air Support Operations Operator; Aircraft Avionics Technician, AV-8B; Aircraft Avionics Technician, V-22; Aircraft Electrical Systems Technician, EA-6; Aircraft Electronic Countermeasures Systems Technician, EA-6B; Aviation Electronic Micro/miniature Component and Cable Repair Technician, IMA; Calibration Technician; Engineer Equipment Mechanic; Heavy Ordnance Vehicle Repairer/Technician; Mobile Facility Technician
A/F 37T-21 Aircraft Engine Components Test Stand; AN/SPN-46(V) Radar Technician; AN/STC-3(V) Integrated Voice Communications System (IVCS) Maintenance Technician; Aviation ASW (Airborne Sonar) IMA Technician; Consolidated Automated Support System (CASS) Family of Testers (FoT) Advanced Maintenance/Calibration; Electrician's Mate; In-Tube Conversion Technician; MH-60S Electronics Systems Organizational Initial Maintenance Technician; Planning Series - AN/BQQ-10(V) TI-2X Maintainer; Single Audio System (SAS)No similar titles were found.
What they do:Install, adjust, or maintain mobile electronics communication equipment, including sound, sonar, security, navigation, and surveillance systems on trains, watercraft, or other mobile equipment.
On the job, you would:
- Inspect and test electrical systems and equipment to locate and diagnose malfunctions, using visual inspections, testing devices, and computer software.
- Reassemble and test equipment after repairs.
- Adjust, repair, or replace defective wiring and relays in ignition, lighting, air-conditioning, and safety control systems, using electrician's tools.
Engineering and Technology
- product and service development
- computers and electronics
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- keep your arm or hand steady
- hold or move items with your hands
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- order or arrange things
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
Computer aided design CAD software
- Autodesk Revit
- Trimble SketchUp Pro
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- IBM Lotus 1-2-3
- Microsoft Excel
Education: (rated 3 of 5)
certificate after high school or
high school diploma/GED
high school diploma/GED
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Avionics Technicians
- Calibration Technologists & Technicians
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering Technologists & Technicians
- Electrical & Electronics Repairers, Commercial & Industrial Equipment
- Lighting Technicians
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about electrical and electronics installers and repairers, transportation equipment.