First-Line Supervisors of Production & Operating Workers
Assembly Supervisor, Manufacturing Supervisor, Production Manager, Production Supervisor
Select a military branch to see samples.
Advanced Fighter Aircraft Integrated Avionics; Aerospace Propulsion Apprentice, TF33, CF6, F103, F108, F117, TFE-731, TF39, PW 2040, F138 Jet Engines (Airlift, Special Mission, and B-52 aircraft); Aircraft Armament Systems Apprentice, F-35; Aircrew Flight Equipment; Bomber/Special Electronic Warfare and Radar Surveillance Integrated Avionics; Bomber/Special Electronic Warfare and Radar Surveillance Integrated Avionics Journeyman, B-52; Helicopter/Tiltrotor Aircraft Maintenance Helper; Refuel/Bomber Aircraft Maintenance Apprentice, B-1; Remotely Piloted Aircraft Maintenance Craftsman; Tactical Aircraft Maintenance (5th Generation) Helper, F-35
Air Defense Artillery Officer; Armament Systems Maintenance Warrant Officer; Aviation All-Source Intelligence; Aviation Officer; Cavalry Scout; Combat Medic Specialist; Maintenance Supervisor; Parachute Rigger; Petroleum Systems Technician; Senior Automotive Maintenance Warrant Officer/Senior Ordnance Logistics Warrant Officer
Aviation Engineering Specialty; Aviation Maintenance Technician; Damage Controlman; Machinery Technician; Marine Safety Specialist Engineer; Material Maintenance Specialty; Naval Engineering Specialty
Aviation Maintenance Controller; Aviation Production Controller; Aviation Support Equipment Asset Manager; Calibration Technician; Cryogenics Equipment Operator; Light Armored Reconnaissance (LAR) Operations Chief; Light Armored Reconnaissance (LAR) Unit Leader; Machinist; Maintenance Management Specialist; Small Arms Repairer/Technician
Advanced Leader; CWO - Aviation Maintenance Technician; Electronics Technician, Nuclear Power; LDO - Engineering/Repair, Submarine; Machinery Repairman; Nuclear Qualified Engineering Department Master Chief (EDMC); Public Works Utilities Officer; Submarine Nuclear Propulsion Plant Supervisor - Engineering Laboratory Technician; Support Equipment Maintenance Manager; Surface Ship Nuclear Propulsion Plant Supervisor - Reactor Control
Facility Systems Superintendent; Fuels; Fuels Manager; Fuels Superintendent; Infrastructure Systems Superintendent; Precision Measurement Equipment Laboratory; Precision Measurement Equipment Laboratory Manager; Precision Measurement Equipment Laboratory Superintendent; Water and Fuel Systems Maintenance; Water and Fuel Systems Maintenance Craftsman
What they do:Directly supervise and coordinate the activities of production and operating workers, such as inspectors, precision workers, machine setters and operators, assemblers, fabricators, and plant and system operators. Excludes team or work leaders.
On the job, you would:
- Enforce safety and sanitation regulations.
- Keep records of employees' attendance and hours worked.
- Inspect materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions.
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
- human resources (HR)
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- understanding people's reactions
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
Enterprise resource planning ERP software
- Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
- SAP software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Electronic mail software
- Email software
- Microsoft Outlook
Education: (rated 3 of 5)
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- First-Line Supervisors of Construction Trades & Extraction Workers
- First-Line Supervisors of Farming, Fishing, & Forestry Workers
- First-Line Supervisors of Helpers, Laborers, & Material Movers, Hand
- First-Line Supervisors of Mechanics, Installers, & Repairers
- First-Line Supervisors of Passenger Attendants
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about first-line supervisors of production and operating workers.