Timing Device Assemblers & Adjusters
Calibration Specialist, Clockmaker, Watch Technician, Watchmaker
- Assemble and install components of timepieces to complete mechanisms, using watchmakers' tools and loupes.
- Observe operation of timepiece parts and subassemblies to determine accuracy of movement, and to diagnose causes of defects.
- Test operation and fit of timepiece parts and subassemblies, using electronic testing equipment, tweezers, watchmakers' tools, and loupes.
Engineering and Technology
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- put together small parts with your fingers
- keep your arm or hand steady
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- order or arrange things
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Office suite software
- Microsoft Office software
Point of sale POS software
- Retail sales software
Analytical or scientific software
- Maplesoft Maple
Get started on your career: