Slaughterers & Meat Packers
Meat Packer, Meat Processor, Meat Trimmer, Meat Wrapper
- Remove bones, and cut meat into standard cuts in preparation for marketing.
- Sever jugular veins to drain blood and facilitate slaughtering.
- Tend assembly lines, performing a few of the many cuts needed to process a carcass.
- customer service
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- food production
- manufacture and distribution of products
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- talking to others
- understanding people's reactions
Hand and Finger Use
- keep your arm or hand steady
- put together small parts with your fingers
- lift, push, pull, or carry
- use your lower back and stomach
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Stress Tolerance
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
- Microsoft Excel
Inventory management software
- AgInfoLink Meat Inventory Tracking System MITS
- Traceability software
Enterprise resource planning ERP software
- Integrated Management Systems Food Connex Cloud
- Second Foundation NaviMeat
no high school diploma/GED
Get started on your career: