Gem & Diamond Workers
Diamond Cutter, Diamond Setter, Gemologist, Lapidarist
- Examine gems during processing to ensure accuracy of angles and positions of cuts or bores, using magnifying glasses, loupes, or shadowgraphs.
- Assign polish, symmetry, and clarity grades to stones, according to established grading systems.
- Estimate wholesale and retail value of gems, following pricing guides, market fluctuations, and other relevant economic factors.
- customer service
- sales and marketing
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- put together small parts with your fingers
- keep your arm or hand steady
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- group things in different ways
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Computer aided design CAD software
- Jewelry design software
- Business accounting software
Analytical or scientific software
- Spectrophotometer analysis software
Get started on your career: