Jewelers & Precious Stone & Metal Workers
Bench Jeweler, Goldsmith, Jeweler, Silversmith
Select a military branch to see samples. No similar titles were found.
Allied Trades SpecialistNo similar titles were found. No similar titles were found. No similar titles were found. No similar titles were found.
What they do:Design, fabricate, adjust, repair, or appraise jewelry, gold, silver, other precious metals, or gems.
On the job, you would:
- Position stones and metal pieces, and set, mount, and secure items in place, using setting and hand tools.
- Smooth soldered joints and rough spots, using hand files and emery paper, and polish smoothed areas with polishing wheels or buffing wire.
- Create jewelry from materials such as gold, silver, platinum, and precious or semiprecious stones.
- customer service
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
Engineering and Technology
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- keep your arm or hand steady
- put together small parts with your fingers
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- group things in different ways
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
Graphics or photo imaging software
- Adobe Systems Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Systems Adobe Photoshop
Computer aided design CAD software
- Computer assisted jewelry design CAD software
- Metal designing software
- Microsoft Excel
Education: (rated 3 of 5)
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Etchers & Engravers
- Gem & Diamond Workers
- Grinding & Polishing Workers, Hand
- Molders, Shapers, & Casters
- Shoe & Leather Workers & Repairers
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about jewelers and precious stone and metal workers.