Molders, Shapers, & Casters
Caster, Mold Mechanic, Molder, Molding Line Operator
- Read work orders or examine parts to determine parts or sections of products to be produced.
- Trim or remove excess material, using scrapers, knives, or band saws.
- Brush or spray mold surfaces with parting agents or insert paper into molds to ensure smoothness and prevent sticking or seepage.
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
Engineering and Technology
- reading work related information
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- keep your arm or hand steady
- hold or move items with your hands
- read and understand what is written
- listen and understand what people say
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
- Microsoft Excel
Electronic mail software
- Microsoft Outlook
Computer aided manufacturing CAM software
- Mastercam computer-aided design and manufacturing software
Get started on your career: