Also called: Retread Technician, Tire Builder, Tire Retreader, Tire Technician
In the Marine Corps: Machinist
What they do:Operate machines to build tires.
On the job, you would:
- Build semi-raw rubber treads onto buffed tire casings to prepare tires for vulcanization in recapping or retreading processes.
- Trim excess rubber and imperfections during retreading processes.
- Fill cuts and holes in tires, using hot rubber.
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
Engineering and Technology
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
- quickly change the controls of a machine, car, truck or boat
- use your arms and/or legs together while sitting, standing, or lying down
- exercise for a long time without getting out of breath
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
Electronic mail software
- IBM Lotus Notes