Tire Repairers & Changers
Service Technician, Tire Changer, Tire Shop Mechanic, Tire Technician
- Raise vehicles, using hydraulic jacks.
- Remount wheels onto vehicles.
- Unbolt and remove wheels from vehicles, using lug wrenches or other hand or power tools.
Engineering and Technology
- customer service
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
- use your arms and/or legs together while sitting, standing, or lying down
- quickly change the controls of a machine, car, truck or boat
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
- Microsoft Excel
Electronic mail software
- Microsoft Outlook
Word processing software
- Microsoft Word
no high school diploma/GED
Get started on your career: