Aircraft Cargo Handling Supervisors
Cargo Supervisor, Line Service Supervisor (LSS), Loadmaster, Ramp Supervisor
Select a military branch to see samples.
Air Transportation; Aircraft Armament Systems Craftsman; Aircraft Loadmaster Apprentice, C-5; Aircraft Loadmaster Craftsman, MC-130H; Aircraft Loadmaster Manager; Flight Engineer Craftsman, AC-130U; Flight Engineer Journeyman, C-5; In-Flight Refueling Specialist Craftsman, KC-10; Special Mission Aviator Apprentice, AC-130U; Special Mission Aviator Journeyman
0-5A/EO-5B/RC-7 Pilot; AH-64E Pilot; C-12 Pilot; Cannon Crewmember; Combat Engineer; Infantryman; MH-60 Pilot; OH-58D Pilot; UH-1 Pilot (RC); UH-72A Pilot
Aviation Maintenance Technician; Aviation Survival Technician
Aerial Delivery Officer; Airborne and Air Delivery Specialist; Aircraft Maintenance (Fixed-Wing); Aircraft Maintenance (Rotary-Wing); Expeditionary Firefighting and Rescue (EFR) Specialist; Fixed-Wing Aircraft Flight Engineer, KC-130; Fixed-Wing Aircraft Loadmaster, KC-130; Helicopter Crew Chief, UH-1; Tiltrotor Crew Chief, MV-22; VH-60N Presidential Helicopter Crew Chief
Air Operations Technician; Air Warfare Systems Engineer; Aircrew Readiness Manager (Tactical Helicopter); C-130 Loadmaster; C-2 Transport Aircrewman; Helicopter Warfare Specialist; MH-53 Airborne Mine Countermeasures (AMCM) Aircrewman; MH-60S Multi-Mission Helicopter Aircrewman; Naval Aircrewman (Special Assignment); P-3 Flight Engineer
Air Transportation; Aircraft Loadmaster; Aircraft Loadmaster Apprentice, C-17; Aircraft Loadmaster Apprentice, HC-130N/P; Aircraft Loadmaster Craftsman; Aircraft Loadmaster Craftsman, C-17; Aircraft Loadmaster Craftsman, HC-130N/P; Aircraft Loadmaster Helper; Aircraft Loadmaster Journeyman, C-17; Aircraft Loadmaster Journeyman, HC-130N/P
What they do:Supervise and coordinate the activities of ground crew in the loading, unloading, securing, and staging of aircraft cargo or baggage. May determine the quantity and orientation of cargo and compute aircraft center of gravity. May accompany aircraft as member of flight crew and monitor and handle cargo in flight, and assist and brief passengers on safety and emergency procedures. Includes loadmasters.
On the job, you would:
- Determine the quantity and orientation of cargo, and compute an aircraft's center of gravity.
- Direct ground crews in the loading, unloading, securing, or staging of aircraft cargo or baggage.
- Train new employees in areas such as safety procedures or equipment operation.
- customer service
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
- movement of people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
- pay attention to something without being distracted
- do two or more things at the same time
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
- quickly compare groups of letters, numbers, pictures, or other things
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Self Control
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Office suite software
- Corel WordPerfect Office Suite
- Microsoft Office software
- Microsoft Excel
Electronic mail software
- Microsoft Outlook
Education: (rated 2 of 5)
high school diploma/GED or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Airfield Operations Specialists
- First-Line Supervisors of Helpers, Laborers, & Material Movers, Hand
- First-Line Supervisors of Material-Moving Machine & Vehicle Operators
- First-Line Supervisors of Passenger Attendants
- Transportation Inspectors
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about aircraft cargo handling supervisors.