Food Service Managers
Food and Beverage Manager, Food Service Director, Food Service Manager, Restaurant Manager
What they do:Plan, direct, or coordinate activities of an organization or department that serves food and beverages.
On the job, you would:
- Keep records required by government agencies regarding sanitation or food subsidies.
- Investigate and resolve complaints regarding food quality, service, or accommodations.
- Maintain food and equipment inventories, and keep inventory records.
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- food production
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- looking for ways to help people
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- selecting and managing the best workers for a job
- managing your time and the time of other people
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Self Control
- Stress Tolerance
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Word processing software
- Google Docs
- Microsoft Word
Point of sale POS software
- ClubSoft Food & Beverage Point of Sale
- Restaurant Manager
Analytical or scientific software
- Aurora FoodPro
- SweetWARE nutraCoster
Education: (rated 2 of 5)
high school diploma/GED or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Chefs & Head Cooks
- Cooks, Institution & Cafeteria
- Cooks, Restaurant
- First-Line Supervisors of Food Preparation & Serving Workers
- Food Servers, Nonrestaurant
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about food service managers.