Cook, Grill Cook, Line Cook, Prep Cook (Preparation Cook)
- Inspect and clean food preparation areas, such as equipment, work surfaces, and serving areas, to ensure safe and sanitary food-handling practices.
- Ensure freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items, and rotating stock.
- Ensure food is stored and cooked at correct temperature by regulating temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters.
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- food production
- manufacture and distribution of products
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- managing your time and the time of other people
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- order or arrange things
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Stress Tolerance
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
- Microsoft Excel
Electronic mail software
- Microsoft Outlook
Point of sale POS software
- Point of sale POS restaurant software
no high school diploma/GED
Get started on your career: