Regulatory Affairs Specialists
Regulatory Affairs Associate (RA Associate), Regulatory Affairs Consultant (RA Consultant), Regulatory Affairs Specialist (RA Specialist), Regulatory Engineer
What they do:Coordinate and document internal regulatory processes, such as internal audits, inspections, license renewals, or registrations. May compile and prepare materials for submission to regulatory agencies.
On the job, you would:
- Coordinate efforts associated with the preparation of regulatory documents or submissions.
- Communicate with regulatory agencies regarding pre-submission strategies, potential regulatory pathways, compliance test requirements, or clarification and follow-up of submissions under review.
- Prepare or direct the preparation of additional information or responses as requested by regulatory agencies.
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Safety and Government
- law and government
Math and Science
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- read and understand what is written
- communicate by writing
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- notice when problems happen
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base user interface and query software
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Yardi software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Healthcare common procedure coding system HCPCS
- Medical procedure coding software
Education: (rated 4 of 5)
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Compliance Managers
- Environmental Compliance Inspectors
- Government Property Inspectors & Investigators
- Quality Control Systems Managers
- Regulatory Affairs Managers
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about regulatory affairs specialists.