Cartographers & Photogrammetrists
Cartographer, Photogrammetric Technician, Photogrammetrist, Stereo Compiler
- Compile data required for map preparation, including aerial photographs, survey notes, records, reports, and original maps.
- Delineate aerial photographic detail, such as control points, hydrography, topography, and cultural features, using precision stereoplotting apparatus or drafting instruments.
- Prepare and alter trace maps, charts, tables, detailed drawings, and three-dimensional optical models of terrain using stereoscopic plotting and computer graphics equipment.
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- reading work related information
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- read and understand what is written
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- use rules to solve problems
- see hidden patterns
- quickly compare groups of letters, numbers, pictures, or other things
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Geographic information system
- ESRI ArcGIS software
- Geographic information system GIS software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Map creation software
- Mapping software
- Precision analytical aerotriangulation pugging software
Get started on your career: