Fuel Cell Engineers
Engineer, Fuel Cell Engineer, Research Engineer, Stack Engineer
What they do:Design, evaluate, modify, or construct fuel cell components or systems for transportation, stationary, or portable applications.
On the job, you would:
- Plan or conduct experiments to validate new materials, optimize startup protocols, reduce conditioning time, or examine contaminant tolerance.
- Provide technical consultation or direction related to the development or production of fuel cell systems.
- Characterize component or fuel cell performances by generating operating maps, defining operating conditions, identifying design refinements, or executing durability assessments.
Engineering and Technology
- product and service development
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- reading work related information
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
People and Technology Systems
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- measuring how well a system is working and how to improve it
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- communicate by speaking
- communicate by writing
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- notice when problems happen
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
- see hidden patterns
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Development environment software
- National Instruments LabVIEW
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Analytical or scientific software
- Gaussian GaussView
Education: (rated 4 of 5)
bachelor's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Automotive Engineers
- Chemical Engineers
- Electrical Engineers
- Mechanical Engineers
- Microsystems Engineers
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about fuel cell engineers.