Biological Science Teachers, Postsecondary
Associate Professor, Biology Instructor, Biology Professor, Professor
What they do:Teach courses in biological sciences. Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching and those who do a combination of teaching and research.
On the job, you would:
- Evaluate and grade students' class work, laboratory work, assignments, and papers.
- Prepare and deliver lectures to undergraduate or graduate students on topics such as molecular biology, marine biology, and botany.
- Plan, evaluate, and revise curricula, course content, and course materials and methods of instruction.
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- talking to others
- using the best training or teaching strategies for learning new things
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- communicate by speaking
- communicate by writing
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- use rules to solve problems
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Analytical or scientific software
- IBM SPSS Statistics
- The MathWorks MATLAB
Computer based training software
- Learning management system LMS
Word processing software
- Google Docs
- Microsoft Word
Education: (rated 5 of 5)
doctoral degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Atmospheric, Earth, Marine, & Space Sciences Teachers, Postsecondary
- Chemistry Teachers, Postsecondary
- Environmental Science Teachers, Postsecondary
- Health Specialties Teachers, Postsecondary
- Molecular & Cellular Biologists
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about biological science teachers, postsecondary.