Environmental Science Teachers, Postsecondary
Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Environmental Sciences Professor, Professor
What they do:Teach courses in environmental science. Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching and those who do a combination of teaching and research.
On the job, you would:
- Evaluate and grade students' class work, laboratory work, assignments, and papers.
- Prepare course materials, such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Supervise students' laboratory and field work.
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
Math and Science
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- reading work related information
- talking to others
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- communicate by speaking
- read and understand what is written
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- use rules to solve problems
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
Word processing software
- Google Docs
- Microsoft Word
Computer based training software
- Learning management system LMS
- Sakai CLE
Geographic information system
- ESRI ArcGIS software
- Geographic information system GIS systems
Education: (rated 5 of 5)
doctoral degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Agricultural Sciences Teachers, Postsecondary
- Atmospheric, Earth, Marine, & Space Sciences Teachers, Postsecondary
- Biological Science Teachers, Postsecondary
- Chemistry Teachers, Postsecondary
- Forestry & Conservation Science Teachers, Postsecondary
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about environmental science teachers, postsecondary.