Forestry & Conservation Science Teachers, Postsecondary
Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Forestry Professor, Professor
What they do:Teach courses in forestry and conservation science. Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching and those who do a combination of teaching and research.
On the job, you would:
- Prepare course materials, such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Prepare and deliver lectures to undergraduate or graduate students on topics, such as forest resource policy, forest pathology, and mapping.
- Evaluate and grade students' class work, assignments, and papers.
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- reading work related information
- using the best training or teaching strategies for learning new things
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- teaching people how to do something
- understanding people's reactions
- communicate by speaking
- read and understand what is written
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- use rules to solve problems
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
Word processing software
- Google Docs
- Microsoft Word
Computer based training software
- Learning management system LMS
- Sakai CLE
Data base user interface and query software
- Oracle Database
- Structure query language SQL
Education: (rated 5 of 5)
doctoral degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Agricultural Sciences Teachers, Postsecondary
- Atmospheric, Earth, Marine, & Space Sciences Teachers, Postsecondary
- Biological Science Teachers, Postsecondary
- Environmental Science Teachers, Postsecondary
- Geography Teachers, Postsecondary
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about forestry and conservation science teachers, postsecondary.