Environmental Science Teachers, Postsecondary
Also called: Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Environmental Sciences Professor, Professor
What they do:Teach courses in environmental science. Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching and those who do a combination of teaching and research.
On the job, you would:
- Supervise undergraduate or graduate teaching, internship, and research work.
- Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions.
- Prepare course materials, such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Math and Science
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- reading work related information
- talking to others
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- teaching people how to do something
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- use rules to solve problems
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
Computer based training software
- Blackboard Learn
Word processing software
- Collaborative editing software
- Google Docs
Electronic mail software