Health Specialties Teachers, Postsecondary
Also called: Assistant Professor, Clinical Professor, Physical Therapy Professor, Professor
What they do:Teach courses in health specialties, in fields such as dentistry, laboratory technology, medicine, pharmacy, public health, therapy, and veterinary medicine.
On the job, you would:
- Evaluate and grade students' class work, assignments, and papers.
- Prepare course materials, such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Maintain student attendance records, grades, and other required records.
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- medicine and dentistry
- therapy and counseling
Math and Science
- talking to others
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- use rules to solve problems
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
- Concern for Others
You might use software like this on the job:
Computer based training software
- Adobe Systems Adobe Presenter
- Articulate Rapid E-Learning Studio
Word processing software