Middle School Teachers
Also called: Language Arts Teacher, Mathematics Teacher (Math Teacher), Science Teacher, Teacher
What they do:Teach one or more subjects to students at the middle, intermediate, or junior high school level.
On the job, you would:
- Prepare students for later grades by encouraging them to explore learning opportunities and to persevere with challenging tasks.
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and interests.
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects, and communicate these objectives to students.
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- history and archeology
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
- customer service
Math and Science
- talking to others
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- teaching people how to do something
- understanding people's reactions
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Self Control
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Electronic mail software
Computer based training software
Video creation and editing software