Middle School Teachers
Also called: Language Arts Teacher, Mathematics Teacher (Math Teacher), Science Teacher, Teacher
What they do:Teach students in one or more subjects in public or private schools at the middle, intermediate, or junior high level, which falls between elementary and senior high school as defined by applicable laws and regulations.
On the job, you would:
- Prepare students for later grades by encouraging them to explore learning opportunities and to persevere with challenging tasks.
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and interests.
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects, and communicate these objectives to students.
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- history and archeology
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
- customer service
Math and Science
- talking to others
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- teaching people how to do something
- understanding people's reactions
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Self Control
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Electronic mail software
Video creation and editing software
- Apple Final Cut Pro
- Video editing software