Editor, News Editor, Newspaper Copy Editor, Sports Editor
- Read copy or proof to detect and correct errors in spelling, punctuation, and syntax.
- Verify facts, dates, and statistics, using standard reference sources.
- Read, evaluate and edit manuscripts or other materials submitted for publication, and confer with authors regarding changes in content, style or organization, or publication.
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- administrative services
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
- reading work related information
- writing things for co-workers or customers
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- read and understand what is written
- communicate by writing
Ideas and Logic
- come up with lots of ideas
- group things in different ways
People interested in this work like activities that include creating, designing, and making your own rules.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Word processing software
- Google Docs
- Microsoft Word
Web page creation and editing software
Desktop publishing software
- Adobe InDesign
- Microsoft Publisher
Get started on your career: