Also called: Anesthesia Tech, Anesthesia Technician, Anesthesiologist Assistant, Oral Surgery Assistant
What they do:Assist anesthesiologists in the administration of anesthesia for surgical and non-surgical procedures. Monitor patient status and provide patient care during surgical treatment.
On the job, you would:
- Provide airway management interventions including tracheal intubation, fiber optics, or ventilary support.
- Respond to emergency situations by providing cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), basic cardiac life support (BLS), advanced cardiac life support (ACLS), or pediatric advanced life support (PALS).
- Verify availability of operating room supplies, medications, and gases.
- medicine and dentistry
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- customer service
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- listen and understand what people say
- read and understand what is written
- pay attention to something without being distracted
- do two or more things at the same time
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- quickly compare groups of letters, numbers, pictures, or other things
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Stress Tolerance
- Self Control
- Concern for Others
You might use software like this on the job:
- Bizmatics PrognoCIS EMR
- Greenway Medical Technologies PrimeSUITE
Electronic mail software
- Email software
You might like a career in one of these industries: