Cytologist, Cytology Applications Specialist, Cytology Coordinator, Cytotechnologist
- Examine cell samples to detect abnormalities in the color, shape, or size of cellular components and patterns.
- Document specimens by verifying patients' and specimens' information.
- Submit slides with abnormal cell structures to pathologists for further examination.
Math and Science
- medicine and dentistry
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- administrative services
- reading work related information
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- listen and understand what people say
- read and understand what is written
Hand and Finger Use
- keep your arm or hand steady
- put together small parts with your fingers
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- notice when problems happen
- see hidden patterns
People interested in this work like activities that include ideas, thinking, and figuring things out.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
- Microsoft Excel
- Fortius Lab Systems Clinical LIS
- MEDITECH software
Expert system software
- Ansible software
certificate after college
Get started on your career: